Dairy Free Hazelnut Chocolate Recipe
Ohh boy, move over Cadburys, because this dairy free Hazelnut chocolate recipe is to DIE for! Stupidly EASY to make and delicious. Made with coconut sugar to give it some notes of caramel…YUM!
Life without chocolate is BAD!
Hazelnut Chocolate Bar Heaven
Are you NUTS about chocolate?
How about Cadburys whole nut?
It’s my husbands favourite type of chocolate EVER!
Yet, what really bothered me, was the fact that is was unhealthy, full of refined sugar and nasty chemicals.
The only good thing I suppose was the nuts!
So I decided to make my own dairy free hazelnut chocolate recipe.
He tried it, he LOVED it…
…And guess what?
He prefers mine! Whoohoo!
After years of him eating Cadburys whole nut, he’s now in LOVE with my hazelnut chocolate.
So what’s so special about this chocolate?
Well, to sweeten the chocolate I used organic coconut palm sugar and that’s what gives it that dark caramel undertone with a hint of butterscotch flavour coming through.
Get Smoother Hazelnut Chocolate
Always blitz the sugar up in a blender into a fine dust otherwise the chocolate will be gritty and those dark caramel undertones will be slightly bitter.
I use my Duronic CG250 coffee grinder. It does a great job of creating a fine sugar dust.
Always use a grinder with blades, not plates so the sugar doesn’t harden as it warms slightly.
Coffee grinders that use plates to grind are too vigorous and the sugar will just caramelise and harden.
One last note…
You can always add more or less sugar to your preferred taste, it won’t mess up the texture. I sometimes use 85g of sugar instead of 60g in my chocolate recipes when I’m feeling a bit more naughty 🙂 or worked extremely hard at the gym..ha!
You can always try adding a bit more vanilla bean paste to give it that extra toffee nut touch.
Take a look at how I make my hazelnut chocolate recipe!
- 60 g Organic Cacao Powder
- 90 g Organic Cacao Butter
- 60 g Organic Coconut Sugar
- 50 g Organic Whole Hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- Blits the coconut sugar up into a fine dust. Use a blender.
- Melt the cacao butter slowly in the pan.
- Add the cacao powder, coconut sugar and vanilla. Keep mixing for about 3-4 minutes until all the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is very liquidy.
- Pop the hazelnuts into your mould. Pour your chocolate mixture over the hazelnuts and pop in the freezer or fridge to set.