Dairy Free Orange Chocolate Recipe
Dairy free orange chocolate recipe. A blend of real organic orange oil, Seville orange zest, raw Peruvian cacao powder, raw cacao butter and raw coconut sugar. It takes no time at all to make these and when you eat a piece, you’ll be like – dang, this is amazing!
I LOVE chocolate and orange.
Did you know that Terry’s chocolate orange first made Terry’s dessert chocolate apple?
Yeah, it didn’t sell well.
They then came up with chocolate orange…
The nation LOVED it!
That was a little history lesson for you 🙂 (I have a lot of pointless knowledge).
This orange chocolate recipe is my freaking favourite right now!
And stupidly EASY to make.
It has some crazy superhero ingredients and tastes AMAZING!
Orage Oil vs Orange Extract
I’ve used organic orange oil in this recipe and I stress…
Don’t use extract!
Believe me, It just isn’t powerful enough and the orange flavour disappears fast.
It WELL worth buying orange oil. It works brilliantly in all my orange recipes.
Yes, it does cost a bit extra.
Then again, you hardly need much at all.
In the long run your actually saving money.
Unsurprisingly, It has an intense flavour which is ideal for flavouring chocolate.
Cacao has a strong flavour so you need that strong orange kick to it.
Equally important was the orange zest.
I finely grated the orange zest on top which together with the orange oil, really gave it a sweet citrusy tang.
Its dimpled orange flecked flesh added a bit of glamour too!
This orange chocolate recipe is more on the sweet side but lately, I have fallen to the dark side and made some dark chocolate orange which is deeply satisfying.
With all my chocolate recipes, I use raw cacao powder, cacao butter and coconut sugar.
To keep your chocolate raw, don’t heat the ingredients over 42c.
It’s always best to temper chocolate to get the BEST finish.
Yet, if I’m having a lazy day and I’m gonna scoff them myself…
Then, to be honest, It’s not worth the effort. They taste the same anyway 🙂
So go ahead an make some orange chocolate.
I’m can’t wait to see what you think 🙂
With orange love.
- 60 g Cacao Powder
- 90 g Cacao Butter
- 75 g Coconut Sugar
- 4-5 Drops Orange Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Grated Rind of an Orange
- Blitz the coconut sugar up in a blender until you get a fine dust.
- Melt the cacao butter on a low heat slowly in a pan.
- Add the cacao powder.
- Sieve the coconut sugar in and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and orange oil and leave for a few minutes to infuse.
- Pour into your moulds and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, eat the rest of the mixture straight and lick the bowl clean. This is optional of course 🙂
- Sprinkle the orange rind generously on top of the chocolates and pop them in the freezer or fridge to set.
- Eat them slowly and savour the orange moment 🙂