Dairy Free Peppermint Cream Filled Chocolate Recipe
Literally, the YUMMIEST dairy free Peppermint cream filled chocolate recipe you’ll ever make! I Just LOVE Peppermint…it’s my favourite. Minty and deliciously moreish! These soft centred peppermint filled chocolates are simply GORGEOUS! Healthy, organic and rich in antioxidants.
And quite frankly, their dead SIMPLE to make with ONLY a few ingredients.
Yet, to make it EVEN simpler…
You could just buy chocolate from a shop and melt it down instead of making it from scratch.
That’s what I sometimes do if I’m hungry, impatient and I want my chocolate fix NOW! 🙂
This is my “I Want Chocolate Now” face:
Best Shop Bought Chocolate For This recipe
oh, before I forget, Just make sure you buy chocolate that has lower fluidity (i.e. containing less cacao butter). Here is a few dairy free chocolate I’ve tried with this recipe:
Note: If you opt for a dark chocolate, you may want to add a bit of sugar to your melted chocolate.
And it gets better…
They have many other delicious flavours you could try also with this recipe.
I admit I did try the Rawr Organic orange chocolate.
What?? Orange and mint I here you say!
Yes, that’s right. It was rather interesting and yummy.
Well, guess what? You think that’s crazy…
I often add peppermint extract and orange oil in my quinoa porridge, it’s absolutely moreish! Try it, you’ll NEVER complain about your quinoa porridge tasting damp brown rice mixed with dirt again!
Although my husband wasn’t too keen. He just loves his hazelnut chocolate, which I often make.
But anyway, less babbling on because no doubt you WANT your chocolate fix already!
I assume that’s why your reading this post.
And if you’ve read it this far…then you have some willpower!
My Peppy Peppermint Recipe
So go on, TRY them out and you’ll have MINTY fresh breath for the rest of the day 🙂
Look and see this glorious recipe come together!
- 60 g Organic Cacao Powder
- 60 g Organic Coconut Sugar
- 90 g Organic Cacao Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 70 g Organic Icing Sugar
- 1 Organic Egg White
- 2-3 Tsp Organic Peppermint Extract
- Blits the coconut sugar up into a fine dust. Use a blender.
- Melt the cacao butter slowly on a low heat in your pan. Make sure it doesn't boil.
- Add the cacao powder, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Keep mixing for about 3-4 minutes on the lowest heat possible.
- Pour a little bit of chocolate into your moulds so it's covering the bottoms.
- Pop in the freezer for 15mins or so.
- In a bowl add your icing sugar and a little bit of egg white. You won't use all the egg white so add a tad at a time.
- Give it a little mix then add the peppermint extract.
- Continue to mix until it forms a dough. Taste the dough mix to ensure you like the level of mintiness.
Take your mould back out of the freezer.
Take a little bit of the filling mixture and pop them in the centres of the moulds.
Make sure you leave a gap around the filling so the chocolate can cover the sides.
Pour over the rest of the chocolate mixture.
Put them in the freezer to set completely.
And this is the best part…
Try them. Try them again. And yes…now they’re all gone 🙂
Start over so the rest of your family can have some this time…ha!