Dairy Free Rose Flavoured Chocolate Recipe With Rose Petals
This rose flavoured chocolate recipe is pure bliss! Sumptuous dairy free chocolate infused with rose petals. These sweetly scented chocolates are VERY fragrant and will delight all your senses. Make’s a perfectly sweet gift!
These rosy heart-shaped chocolates are guaranteed to MELT your heart and the hearts of anyone you share them with.
I’m not kidding…
But these hearts are VERY fragrant.
Every time you place one of these little bites of bliss in your mouth…
That’s when it hits you.
A beautiful rose perfume that enlightens your whole senses.
Surprisingly enough, I find the deep chocolatey tones coupled with the delicate rose petals work like a dream.
A word of caution:
Rose petals carry a STRONG flavour and aroma.
By all means, use as much as you like.
But be careful, you can easily go overboard.
Why dried rose petals?
Well, like I said, rose petals have a strong perfume and the flavour lasts much longer than rose water or extract.
How do I know this?
I did a test!
Rose Petals Or Rose Water/Extract??
I made two recipes, one with organic rose water, the other with dried rose petals.
Sadly, I found the rose water and extract didn’t live up to my expectations.
I had to use quite a bit to get EVEN the slightest taste of rose.
Not only that, the flavour and aroma didn’t last very long and quickly dispersed within a day or two.
In the end, I couldn’t even taste or smell rose.
As for the rose petal recipe, I only used a wee bit and the scent and flavoured lasted weeks on end.
And I mean weeks!
I used Health Embassy Rose Dried Petals.
The quality of their rose petals is above and beyond.
Fresh, floral and flavoursome.
Besides, they make a great cup of rose tea too!
Now it’s your turn to make these sumptuous rosy hearts.
Superhero Chocolate Treat
Did you know that rose water and petals contain a super source of vitamin C?
Well, you do now.
I love using superhero ingredients in my chocolate.
Because it makes me feel less guilty…ha! 🙂
You MUST try out my other chocolate recipes, including superfood chocolate. Their not to be missed!
Good luck and let me know how you get on 🙂
- 60 g Cacao Powder
- 90 g Cacao Butter
- 75 g Coconut Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Edible Rose petals
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 tsp Rose Water/Extract
- Blitz the coconut sugar up in a blender until you get a fine dust.
- Melt the cacao butter on a low heat slowly in a pan.
- Add the cacao powder and vanilla and mix.
- Sieve the coconut sugar in and mix until smooth.
- Add the petals and rose water and leave for a few minutes to infuse.
- At this point, your kitchen will smell like roses 🙂
- Pour into your heart-shaped mould and leave to set. If you want them sooner, pop them in the fridge or freezer until set.
- In the meantime, eat the rest of the mixture straight and lick the bowl clean. This is optional of course 🙂
With a ton of rosy posy love.