Gluten Free Banana Pancakes Recipe With Cardamom
Bored of your average gluten free banana pancakes recipe? Try adding some cardamom and they’ll taste OUT OF THIS WORLD! Banana and cardamom go plate lickingly well together. They’re low in calories, Dairy free, Milk free, Wheat free, Grain free & Gluten free! Great potassium filled TASTY treat 🙂
Theres hardship in everything except eating pancakes 🙂
Ever experienced that incredible rush of excitement?
That moment when you realise pancake day is near?
Yeah, me neither!
I don’t know about you but I’m SICK of your average pancake :/
Is it me or are topping just ain’t enough anymore?
Pancakes just seem to be getting more boring every year.
Now, before you go all ninja on me and say:
“Mair, their traditional! What are you talking about?!”
Let me just say one thing,
Everyone is wrong.
Ok not everyone, but almost everyone 🙂
Because tradition is BORING!
In other words…
We need something MORE to spark the love we once had for pancakes.
So, enough is enough I thought. And I went off experimenting.
And this is what I came up with…
Uhh? Is that it?
No, with a twist of course 🙂
Key Secret: Cardamom
The wonderful aroma and an enticing warm, spicy-sweet flavour of cardamom.
My most favoured spice of all and I have quote a few cardamom recipes to show you.
STOP! stay with me here.
Don’t shying away from this wonderful spice, it’s time to embrace it.
Seriously, banana and cardamom is a great combo.
You MUST try it.
Not only are these pancakes plate lickingly delicious, their low calorie too!
Instead of the “traditional” flour base, the main ingredient is banana with a little bit of cinnamon, coconut flour, coconut sugar and egg.
So not only are they low calorie, they’re SUPER healthy. Filled with potassium, folic acid and iron, which are extremely useful in the treatment of anaemia.
Pancake Mad Method:
It’s time to turn a boring banana pancakes recipe into something new and unique.
- 1 Med-Large Banana
- 20 g Coconut Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cardamom Pods de-husked and ground
- 4 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Good Pinch of Cinnamon
- Mash the banana up in a bowl.
- Add in the egg, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut sugar, coconut flour and ground cardamom.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Add some oil/butter of choice to a hot frying pan and pour some pancake mixture into the pan.
- Turn the heat down to a medium heat and allow to cook until lightly browned.
- Flip and cook the other side and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Stack them high on a plate and drowned them in a LOAD of luscious sweet honey, maple syrup or agave nectar.
Put your feet up…
Turn on your box…
…and relax while enjoying the SWEET taste of banana and the LOVELY fragrance of cardamom…yummy!
With much love